La Molina has typical mountain weather, with long and cold winters and mild summers.
The altitude is the most important factor here. Summer is the rainy season, but rain comes in storms and in short and intense periods. The rainy season has a big inter-annual variation depending on the year, and summers can range from dry to very wet. The wind is another key factor in the mountain weather and we have an average of 20% of windy days, usually from N-NW. However, there are important differences between highest and lowest terrain.
Weather in July has the following average values:
- Tosa d’Alp (close to the top, 2536 m )
- Max. Temperature: 10-12°C (extreme values in a normal month 8-15°C)
- Min. Temperature: 6-8°C (extreme values in a normal month 2-10°C)
- Days of rain (more than 1 mm): 12
- Of which, average precipitation is: 70mm (extreme value in a normal month 120mm)
- Foggy days: 10 during all the day, and 15 partially.
- La Molina Station (1406 m) Event center.
- Max. Temperature: 18-20º C (extreme values in a normal month 15-25°C)
- Min. Temperature: 6-10°C (extreme values in a normal month 5-12°C)
- Days of rain (more than 1 mm): 10
- Of which, average precipitation is: 60mm (extreme value in a normal month 100 mm)
- Foggy days: 3
To see the weather forecast check the following link: http://en.meteocat.gencat.cat/?lang=en